I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
- I am performing a contract with you for my services, including when you purchase items from my site; and
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interets.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Selena Silcox, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via the contact details at the end of this policy.
This policy is effect as of 25/05/2018. I review my privacy practices on an ongoing basis, and as such I may change this policy from time to time. Please check this page frequently to ensure you are familiar with its current content.
1. Personal Data I collect via my wesbite www.srsilcox.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
|Activity||Types of Personal Data Collected|
|When you sign up to:
· Receive free content, including ebooks and other offers
|· Email Address
· First Name
|When you purchase a book directly from me||· Name
· Mailing Address
· Email Address
· Phone Number
· Any Personal Data which you provide to me in the free text book on the form
· Payment method choice (payment details are held by my payment processor, not me)
|When you complete the contact form
· Any Personal Data which you provide to me in the free text box of the form
Data I collect automatically
I automatically collect certain information when you visit my Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of my website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I share Personal Data as nexessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom I share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data Secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website is aimed at adults and children over the age of 15 years old and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children under the age of 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. you can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email (email@example.com):
- see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your Personal Data
- ask me to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given to me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Me
My full details are: S R Silcox, author; Juggernaut Books PL
Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org