2 cups SR flour
¼ cup caster sugar
Pinch of salt
½ cup thick cream
½ cup lemonade
2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 220C. Lightly grease a baking tray or line with greaseproof paper.
- Place flour, sugar and pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix together with a butter knife until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench or board, knead lightly until combined.
- Press dough with your hands until around 2-2.5cm thick. Cut with a scone-cutter or round glass. Re-roll the scraps to make more scones.
- Place on a baking tray and brush the tops lightly with milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
- Try out different flavoured soft drinks (sodas) for different tastes.
- You can substitute ordinary sugar for the caster sugar
- Don’t over-knead the dough – your scones will turn out a little too dense (but still yummy!)