10 Things about me that not many people know, but now everyone does.
1. A lot of my books are set in summer, because summer is my absolute favourite time of year. It also happens to be Christmas time here Down Under.
2. I have a titanium screw in my right ankle.
3. My first book was a collaborative effort for an assignment in primary school (grade 5 maybe?). My friends and I wrote and published an Astro Boy fanfic.
4. I am a huge football (soccer) fan. I played for 27 years, starting from when I was 10. Nineteen of those years was spent playing as a goalkeeper.
5. A book that I read at school that has stayed with me is Homecoming by Cynthia Voight.
6. My favourite flavour is peppermint. Peppermint chocolate and peppermint choc chip ice-cream are my two favourite foods in the world.
7. I am borderline arachnophobic. I even wrote a post about it.
8. I play a mean game of pool.
9. I love the beach but don’t like being in the water. I also don’t like sitting in a boat/canoe/kayak if I can’t see to the bottom. Oh, and I hate putting my head under water, whether it’s in a pool, at the beach or in the shower.
10. I can’t watch the first rounds of any reality TV shows (The Voice, X Factor, Australian Idol, MasterChef etc) because I get embarrassed for the people who aren’t as good as they think they are.
I am ashamed of myself that after a ver very long time of being your friend that I found some of these fact very interesting reading them for the first time.
Haha, I have to keep some secrets from my friends 😉
Now I know what to bring next time I pass through your town!!
Astro Boy Fanfic? That has got to be the very coolest thing for a fifth grader to be doing with their spare time 😉
It was either Astro Boy or Monkey Magic – Astro won by virtue of his rocket-powered feet 🙂